Durant First Church began its ministry over 100 years ago and has been in its present location since the 1940's. It has a heritage of strong lay people and capable pastors. Throughout the history of the church, its pastors and lay people have been - and continue to be, significant leaders in the community of Durant.
In the beginning, the church facilities consisted of a very modest structure on the fairly large property, and needed additions have been constructed until it occupies nearly a city block, with a large traditional multi-level sanctuary, a separate building housing full court gymnasium with classroom facilities, and a very adequate fellowship hall with two kitchens.
In Jesus Christ, we look forward to great days in the future of the His church, and we are solid partners with Christian churches in the community. We are confident that the greatest pages of our history are before us!